If you've ever questioned God, been angry with Him, or struggled to believe He cares when bad things happen to you, I understand. I've been there.
Raised in the Christian faith my entire life, I experienced the devastating loss of two of our three children early in my marriage-- losses that shattered my faith and all I had previously believed to be true about God.
Years later, those mental and spiritual conflicts caught up to me and I became severely depressed, even suicidal. It took the love and care of a true friend-- and time-- but I was healed from the emotional wounds that had run deep all those years. Today I am free and whole and healed by the love of God.
The devil wants to kill, steal, and destroy, and he would love nothing more than to turn you from God. He lies-- sometimes openly, but more often subtly, and sometimes adding an element of truth so you believe the lie. He seeks your destruction.
But God is always there and loves you infinitely and without reserve. He wants to free you from the lies the enemy has used to chain you to your past, and to the wounds you have received. Maybe no one else knows the thoughts you struggle with and don't feel safe sharing. I hid mine well, but God knows and sees all.
Maybe you still think God is cruel and unfair, and you want nothing to do with Him. Maybe you feel like you'll never find hope again. I have been there.
I invite you to read my story. It is raw, vulnerable, and real. It doesn't try to be "church friendly." It's simply the honest words of someone who felt absolutely gutted by situations I believed God should have handled differently. Abandoned. Betrayed. Questioning His existence. All the "ugly" thoughts people don't dare speak out loud, especially in Christian circles.
But there is always hope. I found my way to it, and I believe you can, too. If this speaks to you, I encourage you to read the story. I pray God speaks to you personally, and that you reach for Him, even when it feels like the hardest thing you can do.
Shattered: A True Story of Hope, Healing, and Redemption by Cheryl Stearns
Available on Amazon. (Link Below)

I believe that so many, like myself, live every waking hour in emotional pain. Life can be so hard and God can seem so very unconcerned about our condition. Thank you for reminding me that He is good and that He sees the entire plan for our life. I’m so grateful that this life is just a millionth of a millisecond of eternity and is our temporary condition. The older I grow the more I yearn for my real true home with Him.
ReplyDeleteThank you for reaching out. You are right when you say many live with emotional pain. It saddens me that there seem to be so few who can assist hurting hearts find the compassion and healing so desperately needed. God truly is the answer. He loves us so very much! He does see the "big picture" that we cannot see, and knows the journey we each take, pain and purpose included. I may never know the reason why we lost our children, but I know now-- more than I ever did before-- that I can trust God with all of it.
DeleteIt takes faith, it takes work, and it takes constantly reminding ourselves of His faithfulness while rejecting the lies of the enemy. I believe God can work through the pain. Keep seeking Him, even when you're angry or crying or feeling all the "negative" emotions. Keep trusting Him because He is trustworthy.
I, too, look forward to the day He takes us to our forever TRUE home. Maybe we will meet each other there!
Until then, I pray God's peace over you. Keep believing the truth of His love.
So
ReplyDelete